July 20, 2016
Quick Moroccan Vegetable Stew recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Quick Moroccan Vegetable Stew
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||20 mins||35 mins|
- 0.25 cups almonds
- 0.25 cups cashews
- 0.5 tsps chili flakes
- 1 cinnamon
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 sprig coriander (loosely chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic (smashed)
- 2 tsps ground corriander
- 1 juice and peel of an orange
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0.25 cups pumpkin seeds
- 0.5 red bell peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- 2 cups tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1.33 cups water
- 1 tsp white pepper (ground)
- 0.5 yellow bell peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- Heat up the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant and softened. Stir in cinnamon stick, ground coriander, cumin seeds, paprika, white pepper and chili flakes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, sweet potatoes, orange peel and nuts, seeds and nutritional yeast. Stir well to coat the vegetables evenly with the spices.
- Add water and orange juice, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, adding more water if it gets too dry. To check if it’s cooked, poke the sweet potato cubes with a fork. The sweet potato should be soft but not to the point of breaking apart. Turn off the heat and add salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Super simple and quick moroccan vegetable stew with sweet potato, almonds, cashews, bell peppers and pumpkin seeds.