Rajasthan Gulab Jamun Ki Sabzi recipe shared by Riddhima Nair from India Food Network.
Jodhpuri gulab jamun ki sabzi is a traditional and regional Rajasthani curry in which gulab jamun are fried and instant of dipping in sugar syrup they are dipped in tomato/cashew gravy. It is best served with streamed rice.
To make this recipe more importantly those that would be found on kitchen shelf always are used here.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||30 mins||1 hour|
- Khoya - 400
- All purpose flour - 2 tsp
- Oil or Ghee for frying
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Coarse onion paste - 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Curd - 1 cup
- Maida - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Khoya - 1/4 cup (Grated)
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp (Chopped)
- Mash the khoya nicely with the heels of your hands until smooth and grain free.
- Add flour slowly and keep mashing until well blended and a smooth dough is formed.
- Make small smooth balls from the dough.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and when the oil is hot, add the balls in the hot oil.
- Simmer the heat to low and fry the balls till golden brown from both the sides.
- Drain the balls in a plate.
- Heat vegetable oil and Ghee in a karahi.
- Add onion paste and fry until almost browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until nicely browned.
- Add little water if the onion is sticking to the karahi.
- Whisk curd with maida, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add 2 cups of water in the curd mixture and mix well.
- Add the curd mixture in the karahi and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add khoya, water and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Give it a boil once again.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5