Rajasthani Safed Maans (Mutton In Yoghurt Gravy) recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network. Author:
Rajasthani Safed Maas recipe is a very popular non-veg dish and it has a sweet and spicy taste with great texture and royal white color from fresh yoghurt.
This recipe of Rajasthani Safed Maas is made with mutton along with great herbs and species. It tastes so delicious with the beautiful aroma and great texture. The recipe can be made within hours with simple steps.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||40 mins||1 hour|
- Mutton - 750 g
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
- Cloves - 2-3
- Green cardamom - 2-3
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Whole dry red chillies - 6-8
- Onion - 1 cup ( Thinly sliced )
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Khoya - 100 g
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Fresh Cream - 1/4 cup
- Saffron for garnishing
- Blanched Almonds - 10-12
- Cashew nuts - 10- 12
- Poppy Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Melon seeds - 1 tbsp
- Add mutton, salt, a cup of water, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom in a pressure cooker and pressure cook until mutton is almost done.
- Remove the cooker from heat and let the pressure release.
- Strain the mutton and reserve the stock.
- Heat ghee in the same cooker.
- Once the ghee is hot, add dry red chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry until pinkish in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked mutton and fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add khoya, almond cashew paste and yogurt fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the reserved stock and milk and simmer the curry for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook on high heat until the curry reaches the desired consistency.
- Adjust the salt and add fresh cream. Garnish with saffron. Serve hot with roti.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5