aagwala Mutton recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network. Author:
Here is a great recipe for authentic Saagwala Mutton with Indian herbs and spices. Cooked mutton or chicken with spinach and spices makes this a delicious dish.
Mutton works well with great flavors and complements the iron-rich spinach in this tasty curry recipe.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||45 mins||55 mins|
- 1kg Mutton
- 1 small bowl of Curd
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Cumin Seeds
- 4 Green Chillies
- 2 Tomatoes
- Pinch of Red Chilli Powder
- 250ml Water
- Garam Masala
- Lemon Juice
- Mix curd, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt to 1kg mutton.
- Let the mixture marinate for an hour or two.
- Heat some ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, onions, green chilies, a pinch of salt, chopped tomatoes and red chili powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir well and add the marinated mutton.
- Add 250ml of water to the mixture.
- Cover the cooker with the lid. Keep the flame at simmer and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- Put off the flame. Add garam masala, ground spinach, coriander, mint leaves and lime juice.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5