Sattu Paranthas recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network. Author:
Sattu Paratha is very popular dish in North and East part of India. Sattu Paratha recipe is simple and easy to make and has the most delicious flavour of herbs and spices used in it.
Bihari style Sattu Paratha uses roasted chana dal powder mixed in the stuffing of the parantha along with onions, cloves and ginger to make it hit home.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 mins||20 mins||40 mins|
- 2 cups sattu ka atta
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 3 green chillies minced
- 6-7 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 tsp Nigela seeds(kala jeera)
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp mango pickle mashed
- 2 tsp juice
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cups warm water
- ghee or oil for frying the paranthas
- Mix whole wheat flour and water together, knead to make a soft dough. Keep aside covered with a wet muslin cloth till you prepare the stuffing.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing, add a litlte warm water and mix again.
- Distribute the dough in 10 balls and roll each ball a little, spread a little ghee/oil on it and place a spoonful of filling in the middle, cover from all sides and roll the paranthas.
- Heat a tawa or a griddle and cook each side of the parantha till golden brown, add ghee/oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with curd or pickle.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5