Rajasthani Hing Jeera Aloo recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network. Author:
Rajasthani Hing Jeera Aloo is easy and very delicious Indian dish. In this recipe, Jeera (cumin seeds) is one of the main spices. Jeera Hing Aloo is a delicious recipe made with a combination of many different spices.
It is a vegetarian dish that is very tasty and healthy that people love to eat. Rajasthani Hing Jeera Aloo can be served with chapatti and rice.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Hing - ½ tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Crushed methi dana - 1 tsp
- Tomato - ½ cup ( Chopped )
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Potato - ½ kg ( Boiled and peeled )
- Green chili - 1 tsp ( Chopped )
- Fresh coriander - 1 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add hing, jeera and methi dana.Let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt and cook for another minute.
- Break the potatoes into small pieces using your finger and add them in the pan. Add 1 cup water and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilli and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with poori or kachori.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5