Goan Pomfret Ambotik recipe shared by Ravi Kumar from India Food Network. Author:
Goan Pomfret Ambotik is made with Indian herbs and spices which give Pomfret Curry a tangy taste that will make your taste buds happy. This is a Goan style fish curry recipe you can make for a house party to make your guest happy and surprise.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
- 1-2 Pomfret, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bowl coconut, grated
- 2-3 red dry chilies
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, slit
- little tamarind pulp
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Cut thick slices on the pomfret fish and season it with salt and turmeric powder. Spread it on all the pieces and keep aside.
- Dry roast dried red chilies, cinnamon, cloves, coriander seeds & cumin seeds on a pan for 2-3 mins.
- Add all the roasted spices in a mixer and then add coconut, vinegar & water and grind it into a fine paste.
- In a pan, add oil & onions and fry till onions become golden brown in colour.
- Then add the ground paste and fry it for a few seconds and then add water and cook it some more.
- Add the fish into the gravy and mix well and let the gravy simmer for sometime. Cook the fish for 4-5 mins.
- Next add the tamarind pulp & green chilies and let it simmer for about a minute.
- Serve with some rice and enjoy!
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5