December 1, 2017
Spicy Miso and Mushroom Ramen shared by Nikki.
Spicy Miso and Mushroom Ramen
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1 hour||10 mins||1 hour, 10 mins|
- 1 litre/1 quart water
- 15 g/0.5oz sliced ginger
- 15/0.5oz spring onions, cut into 2” segments
- 35g/1.25oz dried shiitake mushrooms
- 35g/1.25oz brown miso paste
- 15g/0.5oz chilli paste
- 100g/3.5oz Gluten-free dried soba noodles
- 120g/4.25oz bokchoy
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in a 250ml/0.25quarts of cold water until soft, for around an hour.
- Drain the shiitake mushrooms and slice into strips, saving the soaking liquid.
- Bring 750ml/0.75quarts water, ginger slices, and spring onions to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shiitake slices, mushroom soaking liquid, miso, and chilli paste. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bok choy and simmer for a minute.
- Brush serving bowls with sesame oil.
- Distribute cooked soba into each serving bowl. Top with shiitake slices, bok choy, and chopped red chilli.
- Ladle hot broth into each bowl.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5