November 22, 2017
Yellow Split Peas with Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes Indian Style recipe shared by Matt from Vegan.io.
Yellow Split Peas with Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes Indian Style
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||30 mins||35 mins|
For the yellow split peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 inches fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (thinly chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup yellow split peas (rinse with water)
For the liquids
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups water
For the vegetables
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 5 oz spinach (washed and chopped)
For the seasoning
- 1 cup fresh coriander (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the olive oil in a pot and saute the onion until soft and golden brown for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- After that add the rest of the ingredients for the yellow split peas fry everything for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the water and coconut milk and let it simmer on low heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and occasionally stir.
- Cook everything for another 5-10 minutes until the split peas are soft.
- Before serving add the seasoning and adjust taste.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5