November 6, 2016
Kohlrabi Stew recipe shared by Julia from Vegan.io.
Chickpea, Carrot, Tomato and Kohlrabi Stew
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 mins||45 mins||1 hour|
- 0.5 tsps cardamon
- 4 medium carrot (chopped)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chickpeas (soak over night)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 0.5 tsps ground corriander
- 1.5 cups kohlrabi (diced)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 4 medium tomato (diced)
- 0.5 tbsps turmeric powder
- Preheat pot of water for the chickpeas and boil them for 45 minutes with a splash of apple vinegar.
- Preheat a big skillet or wok on medium heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Add the onion and fry it until golden brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and kohlrabi and fry on medium heat for about 15 minutes together with the herbs (coriander, tumeric, and cardamon).
- Add the tomatoes and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- As last step add the coconut milk and salt together with the chickpeas and adjust taste.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Hearty vegan vegetable and chickpea stew full of rich homemade flavor.