Peruvian Aji Amarillo Sweet Potato Wedges recipe shared by Rebecca Myers from RawSpiceBar.
Potatoes, which originated in Peru, are the star of our side dish and are accompanied by a blend of spices plus freshly ground aji amarillo- a bright orange, fruity chile with an extremely unique flavor and a medium-high heat. Use these spices for roasted potatoes or get authentic and create Peru’s famour aji amarillo dipping sauce as well.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||40 mins||50 mins|
- RawSpiceBar's Aji Amarillo Spices
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine RawSpiceBar's Aji Amarillo Spices and salt to taste.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1 inch wedges.
- Toss wedges with oil and spices in a large roasting pan and roast in the middle of oven for about 20 minutes.
- Turn wedges over with a spatula and roast until slightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5