Jamaican Chili Banana Fritters recipe shared by Rebecca Myers from RawSpiceBar.
This simple Jamaican desert is spiked with cinnamon and nutmeg and counter balanced with a kick from cayenne peppers. Toasted black and white sesame seeds add an extra layer of nuttiness to this easy dish.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 mins||3 mins||8 mins|
- RawSpiceBar's Jamaican Sweet Spices
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mash bananas with RawSpiceBar's Jamaican Sweet Spices, honey, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir flour into banana mixture.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp canola oil on medium-high heat in a nonstick pan.
- Using a serving spoon, spoon batter into pan.
- Pan fry fritters until crisp and brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Gently flip and fry other side to golden brown, about 1 minute more.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
We love pan frying them for a healthier version to the traditional fried fritters and love eating these as for a breakfast or snack as well.