Proper Mint Tea Chocolate Truffles recipe shared by The TeaShed.
Mint Tea Chocolate Truffles will go down a treat with afternoon tea or for festive 3 o’clocks. We’ve decorated these truffles with crushed peppermint candy canes. De-lish! This compliments the peppermint and spearmint blend of The TeaShed’s Proper Mint Tea and adds a little festive flare.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|2 hours, 20 mins||10 mins||2 hours 30 mins|
- 240ml double cream
- 225g dark chocolate
- 2 Proper Mint Tea tea bags
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Candy canes
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it begins to bubble. Take it off the heat, add the mint tea bags, cover and let the tea steep for 10 minutes.
- After the tea has infused for 10 minutes, squeeze the bags against the side and remove them. Bring the cream back to the boil and then pour it over the chocolate and stir. Using a whisk, mix the chocolate and cream until it’s smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract here too.
- Cover and cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once the truffle mixture is firm enough to scoop, portion it into equal sized balls using 2 teaspoons and roll them between your palms to shape. Roll them in cocoa powder and sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top (chop or give them a quick blitz in a food processor), then arrange them on a lined baking tray.
- Store the truffles in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe Rating: 4 / 5
Chocolate truffles infused with Proper Mint Tea from The TeaShed and decorated with crushed candy canes.